Monday, January 4, 2010

Happy New Year!

Last Year (February 2009), shortly after the New Year had begun, I was already prepared (in gambling terms) to cash in my chips and move right on to 2010. Perhaps in the depths of my soul I knew that although we had already experienced immense heartache...there was still more to come. Had Cinderella's fairy godmother appeared to me then, I would have gladly seized the opportunity to skip the pain. Now, as I look back a year later, I would ask her to grant me another wish; a different and less selfish one...that I would be open to learn the many lessons God intended to teach me through this trial and that I would trust His timing instead of stubbornly demanding life occur according to mine...although, in my defense, during my conversations with God I repeatedly tell Him that I would completely surrender to His timing, if only He would tell me what His timing IS...but I guess He just doesn't work that way ;-)

Four short days ago, I was thrilled to celebrate the closure of 2009...A weight has been lifted, a difficult year is now part of my past, and I am free to open a new door to the future...confident that this year will be a year of HOPE.

After all, rainbows only appear after the rain...just as the storm begins to pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers